Moreton Bay Regional Council
Flood warning system
The system features:
• A water level monitoring and telemetry station situated on the riverbank with alarm triggers set at multiple heights (alarms correspond with the varied building levels).
• The water level station delivers the current water level value to a dedicated controller in each building every 3 minutes for evaluation and warning execution. The communications between buildings is by radio with 3G redundancy.
• The system controls the operation of flood gates that, when closed, prevent floodwaters from inundating the below‐ground car parks and the possible large insurance exposure resulting from flood‐damaged vehicles.
• SMS and email alarming to the building wardens; the alarms are based on a series of flood trigger levels and rate‐of‐rise values defined for each building group.
• Integration with the fire alarm systems installed in each building group.
• Delivery of data via 3G to a dedicated web page for the monitoring of system status.
Local Buy helps alleviate the need for open market tenders by managing the procurement compliance burden on behalf of all Local Government agencies. All Local Buy arrangements are compliant with the Local Government Regulations 2012 and Local Government Act 2009 and provide Local Government entities with the assurance that all suppliers are vetted and compliant based on a comprehensive tender, evaluation, and approval process. Purchasing through a Local Buy prequalified supply arrangement negates the need for Councils to go through the formal tender process.
Our solutions are backed by our Quality Management accreditation AS/NZS ISO 9001: 2016 – The worlds most recognised quality management system standard.This commitment to quality systems ensures our clients expectations and needs are not only met but exceeded every time.